Euromit 2020 should be accessible to all and we have chosen venues to reflect this. A full list of our venues’ accessibility features are listed below. If you have any additional requirements please do not hesitate to get in touch with us in advance and we will endeavour to meet your needs.
The Sage Gateshead
The Sage Gateshead prides itself on their accessibility with key services and features including:
- Level access to all areas including stage, backstage and staffing areas.
- A hearing loop and Sennheiser systems for conferences and information sessions.
- Braille buttons on all lifts.
- Wheelchairs, walkers and accessibility scooters available to visitors.
- Monitored light levels in all areas, to aid those with visual impairments.
- All our door handles, locks, plugs and lift buttons are at wheelchair level.
- Our Ticket Office, Coats Desk, bars and cafe are at wheelchair level.
- All areas of the building are accessible to wheelchair users via carefully created gradients on all approaches, to allow for ease of movement. Door, lift and corridor widths are wider than regulations to allow wheelchair users to move more freely.
- Sage Gateshead has five lifts, giving flat level access to all spaces within the building and two from the car park to the external approach.
- Thirty-five accessible toilets across all levels, including thirteen with adult changing and showering facilities, which have track hoists and remote controlled, moveable beds to allow easy height access from both the right and the left.
- All the accessible toilet facilities have autotaps on the sinks and either an infra-red sensor for the toilet flush or a paddle push at the rear of the toilet. PIR lighting is also in place in toilets to allow switch-free lighting.
There are a number of priority spaces for blue badge holders. The majority of our blue badge bays are immediately to the rear of the building, providing flat gently sloping path-ways to both the West and East entrances (both entrances have accessible automatic doorways). Additionally, there are a number of priority spaces in our main car park near lift access. Blue badge parking is free at all times – delegates are advised to go to our Ticket Office with their ticket and registration details.
The BALTIC is an inclusive place to visit, where everyone is welcome. There are a range of facilities available to help you make the most of your visit, some of which can be booked in advance. BALTIC offers the following accessibility facilities:
- Walking stick stools
- Wheelchairs (booking advised)
- Tri-wheel walkers (booking advised)
- Adult changing facilities (booking advised)
- Four-wheel mobility scooters (booking advised)
- Accessible toilets on all floors, except Level 5
- Baby changing facilities
- All stand alone access toilets feature clos-o-mat toilets
- Large Print guides
- Lifts to all floors
- Subtitles on a selection of BALTIC films available on Level 2
- Magnilink print enlarger in BALTIC Library
- iMacs with built in access facilities in BALTIC Library
- Hearing loops are located at the Welcome Desk, BALTIC Shop and BALTIC Kitchen
Available on request prior to your visit:
Braille, audiotape, descriptive tours, sign language interpreted tours Personal guidance
Further accessibility information:
Uniformed assistance dogs are welcome
Blue Badge Holders park for free. Validate tickets during gallery hours at the Welcome Desk.
Contact security via the intercom on exit outside of these times
The Stack has a lift to the first floor and an accessible toilet on each floor